Santa Fe College
Associate of Science Degree in Graphic Design Technology
September 1998 – May 2000 | Gainesville, FL
● Obtained a degree in Graphic Design, with honors, from leading design school.
● Courses included all Adobe Creative Suite software for print and web use, Black & White and Color Photography, Marketing and Web Design.
Web Development and E-Commerce Specialist
July 2013- Present | Jacksonville, FL
Contract position with leading weight loss company with 100+ locations nationwide.
- Re-design of responsive e-commerce site with extensive features and back-end reporting tools. Increased sales by 150% in first month, 260% in 5 months and generated over $750K in sales in first year. Streamlined shipping procedures with integration of FedEx solutions including shipping labels, real-time pricing, automated tracking emails and branded invoices.
- Design of numerous advertising and branding pieces for print and online marketing initiatives.
- Complete production of multiple videos for corporate website as well as TV commercial airing on ABC.
- Extensive involvement in the re-design and on-going maintenance of corporate site including design of all graphics.
- Built and managed mailing lists for multiple websites along with design of frequent traffic and revenue-increasing email blasts.
- Successfully managed team of low-cost freelance web developers whom assisted with updates and bug fixes.
- Creation of internal digital asset management system and branding guidelines websites.
- Extensive monthly reporting, analytics analysis and recommendations based on internal and external data sources.
- Management of web hosting, domain names and email addresses for company websites.
Web Design and Development Consultant
July 1998 – Present | Jacksonville, FL
Leveraging 15+ years of professional experience to provide exceptional design, marketing and web development services for companies in a variety of sizes and industries.
- Web Design and Web Development.
- Graphic Design and Corporate Branding.
- E-Commerce Solutions, Social Media Integration and Automation.
- SEO, Analytics and Market Research
- Social Media Integration and Automation.
- Email and Online Marketing.
Web Design Specialist
June 2013 | Jacksonville, FL
Contract web design position at award-winning creative advertising agency working under tight deadlines.
- Planning and design of new advertising campaigns for national clients.
- Design of interface for Facebook application as well as modifications to existing applications.
- Design of multi-variation comps for client’s static and multimedia web banners.
- Design and modification of website landing pages for advertising campaigns.
- Collaborated with team of designers, copywriters and art directors to ensure high quality results.
December 2012 – April 2013 | Jacksonville, FL
Worked closely with the VP of Digital Marketing to add a level of professional creative design and Web savvy to the organization as well as the development of marketing tactics focused on driving new business. Assisted with new design projects, managed corporate online properties and increased visibility.
- Managed all aspects of Corporate Website including new content creation, established company listings on professional directories, SEO management, analytics and regular adjustments to increase site traffic.
- Design of Sales Sheets, Corporate Brochures and Product Guides focused on driving new business.
- Implementation and maintenance of corporate Social Media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and LinkenIn.
- Creation and management of Marketing Portals which allow clients to order static and variable marketing materials from a personalized website.
- Design of Vehicle Wrap graphics for company and client fleet vehicles.
- Direct Mail advertisements for company and clients using variable data personalization.
- Design of Tradeshow booth and printed materials and supervision of corporate booth at advertising industry tradeshow.
- Assisted in the design and maintenance of Interactive Touch-Screen Display project.
Senior Graphic Designer
February 2012 – October 2012 | Langley, BC
Worked within advertising department creating printed advertising materials, enhancing online presence and new marketing initiatives.
- Layout and design of multi-page flyers, newspaper advertisements and in-store advertising materials for 66 franchised stores nationwide.
- Planning and creation of online marketing plan, email marketing campaigns and online interaction development.
- Assisted stores integrating with Social Media channels and increasing online visibility.
Marketing Director and Designer
November 2009 – February 2012 | Vancouver, BC
Worked closely with high-end women’s clothing boutique from day-1 to ensure professional design continuity, increase online traffic and in-store sales as well as assist with day-to-day retail operations.
- Creation of all company branding, design and advertising including price sourcing and printing.
- Design and maintenance of company website, blog, SEO, email marketing and social media channels
- Design of all printed promotional materials including flyers, posters, window graphics and store signage.
- Design and set up of E-Commerce WebStore and database using OpenCart.
- Planning and facilitation of in-house events and fashion shows and management of customer/vendor databases.
Senior Web Designer
May 2007 – September 2010 | Burnaby, BC
Worked as a leader within web design department to support corporate and customer online graphical needs.
- Creation and maintenance of customer websites and the design of multimedia ads/banners for local and national customers.
- Assisting the development team with technical troubleshooting.
Accomplishments included the development of new company-wide marketing initiatives and website improvement strategies. Received top performance bonuses each quarter.
Service Express Attendant
November 2004 – February 2006 | Whistler, BC
Took position at 4-star resort hotel in order to gain customer service and hospitality experience in a professional environment.
- Assisting guests with checking-in and out of hotel in accordance with strict Westin standards.
- Front office computer and phone switchboard operations.
- Doorman and valet services including luggage assistance, directions and guest vehicle retrieval.
Junior Web Designer
April 2001 – October 2004 | New Westminster, BC
- Layout and design of newspaper display ads in Production Department
- Design of websites for local and national customers as well as corporate projects in Web Design department
- Development of multimedia ad methods which generated significant new revenue for the sales team
- Marketing and research for new company initiatives
- Customer service and technical support for national customers and sales representatives
Received top performance bonuses each quarter. Quickly became one of the highest earning drivers in the company.
Chief Graphic Designer in Web Department
September 2000 – December 2000 | Gainesville, FL
Assisted with design in small web design firm specializing in the natural health product industry.
- Design and layouts for existing company websites and new projects
- Creation of E-Commerce storefronts using Microsoft Storefront and ASP
- Banner and logo design
- Design, layout and printing of company brochures
- Re-design of corporate website
- Customer service and troubleshooting
Intern Web Designer/Photographer
January 2000 – May 2000 | Gainesville, FL
Intern position in photography department of local newspaper in order to gain further experience and understanding of photography and media.
- Photo enhancement and touch-up
- Updating newspaper website 3 times a week
- Re-designing photo department website
- Creating Virtual Tour of photography department
- Taking photos of local events including sports, community, nightlife and accidents
- Scanning, touch-up and filing of digital images and negatives
- Filing of digital images and negatives
- Dispatching assignments and messages to department photographers
May 2000 – August 2000 | Gainesville, FL
Intern position in photography department of University of Florida student newspaper in order to gain experience and understanding of photography.
- Taking photographs of local events including sports, storms, community and religion
- Developing of film
- Scanning and filing of negatives
- Creating cutlines for all photos
March 2000 – April 2000 | Gainesville, FL
Short-term project to duplicate printed clothing catalog onto corporate website.
- Creation of corporate website for Spring 2000 clothing catalog
- Editing and enhancement of catalog photos
- Technical support
Expert with 15 years of experience.
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- Highly analytical with the ability to research and analyze data and statistics from a variety of sources to form educated recommendations and decisions in order to streamline processes.
- Results-driven over-achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Proactive, creative and forward thinker with the ability to look at situations outside of the box or within a specific scenario.
Adobe Creative Suite
Expert with 15 years of experience.
Expert in all versions of Adobe Creative Suite CS6 including:
Social Media, SEO and PPC
Strong with 6 years of experience.
Experienced in all current Social Media platforms and their correct business usage including:
- Strong knowledge of SEO including the correct usage of meta-content, rich content and schema usage, PageRank and Google Analytics
- Extensive knowledge in PPC for Google Adwords, Bing Ads and Facebook Ads along with strong understanding of campaign analytics
Proficient with 10 years of experience.
Proficient with 16 years of experience.
Experienced in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Strong with 5 years of experience.
Experienced in FinalCut Pro X and Adobe Premier video editing software’s including effects, audio splicing and mixing, post-production rendering and compatibility formatting. Previous production of TV commercials, corporate videos and presentations and YouTube features.
Large Format Printing
Strong with 4 years of experience.
Accomplished in large format design and printing including vehicle wraps, tradeshow displays, window graphics and store signage.
Excellent with 10 years of experience.
Experienced in both film and digital photography techniques including darkroom development, studio lighting, scanning, editing, large format and printing. I have owned and used a wide range of professional Nikon and Canon photography products.
Occupational First Aid Training – Level 1
Trauma Tech, Vancouver BC
October 2005 – 2008
Basic first aid knowledge for workplace scenarios including CPR, identifying different kinds of casualties and the appropriate steps to be taken.